KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed to a 47t rear today ........... t'was a bit of a bugger to get the chain back on and the wheel spindle in but I got there.

The adjuster bolts were wound all the way in as far as they could go, the blocks reversed and the chain was just about right.

I've had to take it back off though ......... the wheel was just too far forward and was fouling the shock protector. I've worn the edge well of the knobs of a brand new tyre. I couldn't leave it like that.

So what I've learnt is - ideally I need to add a link (or 2) to fir the 47t sprocket properly.

What I also learnt is that I really liked the bike on the 16/47 setup. I think I'll be extending my chain a bit :D

Pete

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was a spare link or two from the chain we fitted today which will still be on the trailer ;)
Oh yes I picked that up - but it's only 1 1/2 links if you see what I mean .......... it'd end up with the wrong end - dunno if you can join a chain like that.

I'll order a few links and some link/rivet pins and see what happens

Pete

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
289 Posts
I changed to a 47t rear today ........... t'was a bit of a bugger to get the chain back on and the wheel spindle in but I got there.

The adjuster bolts were wound all the way in as far as they could go, the blocks reversed and the chain was just about right.

I've had to take it back off though ......... the wheel was just too far forward and was fouling the shock protector. I've worn the edge well of the knobs of a brand new tyre. I couldn't leave it like that.

So what I've learnt is - ideally I need to add a link (or 2) to fir the 47t sprocket properly.

What I also learnt is that I really liked the bike on the 16/47 setup. I think I'll be extending my chain a bit :D

Pete
Get two spring links and one extra chain link (the narow one) that'll sort it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts