KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out today riding some Greenlanes and near the end of ride noticed my bike was suddenly super bouncy like a trampoline on backend.stopped and looked and saw this!I know nothing about suspension so if anyone can tell me what’s happened then it would be much appreciated.
Bikes 2016 husqvarna te125 with linkage.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
The rubber thing is no big deal. It’s just a bump stop if you bottom it out. The question is why has moved? My guess is the shock is leaking and you have oil lubricating the rod. This has permeated to the bumper. It’s now slippery and moving. Check shock for leaks. Sounds like you need a rebuild.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i guessed it was broken.As I say I don’t know suspension stuff,interested to know whats the thin metal rod that looks like it’s come out/extended out the thicker strut.Is that like that and visable because no oil,pressure in shock and usuallywould be be up inside the thicker strut part etc.

Well I went to the local village shop for food at end of track so...

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Yeah the main shaft has come away from the clevice. I don't know exactly how it's attached at that end but I expect the shaft /bottom half will need replacing unless some how it's come unscrewed...but I expect it's broken. They're about £180 new from a stealer.

You can easily(ish) strip it down at home and rebuild it but will need a shop to charge it.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
😂, yes, just seen that. Threads snapped off the shaft! Fucked.

There are clearly many people who think the virus is a bit of a minor thing. It isn’t. It’s serious shit!

Why the government isn’t saying “Stay the fuck at home” in a more serious tone I’ll never know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Main thing is to not add stress to the NHS. They don’t need the hassle of someone coming off a bike to deal with and using crap excuses doesn’t fly.

There is no doubt people on here like me who have family and friends on the front line dealing with this pandemic. The most frustrating thing they encounter is people taking the piss out of the restrictions and causing more unwanted hassle.

Simple. Stay the fuck home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Morally they can’t do that but morally people shouldn’t be out. I have a brand new bike that I got on the Saturday before lock down but even with this perfect biking weather I haven’t even contemplated taking it to the shops.

Seriously frustrating but bigger things are happening just now.

I do love all the jokes etc on what’s app and some people out and about are going too far with it but staying at home will help this massively and help the NHS.

Sorry for going on but fuck me even Boris has it and every house hold has got a letter to tell us to stay in! The quicker people listen, the quicker this will be done and we can all get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah the metal rod(thicker and thin) bit had doubled in length visable to the eye where its snapped off and went upwards on the inner rod.cheers for helping,now know what i need to do.got the part on order and I could prob rebuild myself but then you say it’s needs go somewere anyway so prob easier to give the whole strut and new part to them when open next let them do it

·
Registered
512 Posts
There are usually a couple of bobbies kicking about in A&E and I'm sure they'd be itching to issue fixed penalties to anyone rocking up with avoidable injuries.

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
, yes, just seen that. Threads snapped off the shaft! Fucked.

There are clearly many people who think the virus is a bit of a minor thing. It isn’t. It’s serious shit!

Why the government isn’t saying “Stay the fuck at home” in a more serious tone I’ll never know.
Absolutely right!
I lost an old mate yesterday to this fucking virus, he lives in London and probably picked it up just before the lockdown, left wife and kids without a dad.

It’s serious

Stay the fuck at home!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Absolutely right!
I lost an old mate yesterday to this fucking virus, he lives in London and probably picked it up just before the lockdown, left wife and kids without a dad.

It’s serious

Stay the fuck at home!
Shit... Sorry to hear that. I can't believe the numbers we're talking about now. I'm not entirely sure how accurate they are but there is no denying how serious and deadly it is.

I know I'm a miserable bastard but these people that are either unwilling to do as they are told or are sitting on their asses with mountains of food and Netflix and still complaining that it's "hard", are really doing my nut.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Newsh, sorry to hear that. Not nice one bit.

My sister in law is normally a transplant coordinator (always looking for cyclists!) but for now she’s been pulled back into A&E. This is for two reasons. 1. Help out with the mass of bods there. 2. Provide on site training for those rusty or needing to know how to deliver bad news.
Listening to what she’s been up to isn’t funny one bit.

Her husband is a first responder paramedic. At first he was laughing about stuff. He now looks like he’s been on a real frontline. He ain’t laughing no more and is working long hard hours, on his own.

Big cheers for the NHS. Just don’t be the twat on a bike at this time.....I think they will think you are a right cunning stunt.

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
Thanks guys, yes it got “close to home” all of a sudden last night but I’ve been behaving myself and I wish others would too.
There will be more unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts