KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while cleaning my bike today and giving it the once over....I noticed my rear wheel bearing needs replacing :eek: I did the last one 5 months ago, bike is used every other weekend, is that about right :confused: I put in the standard KTM part, but are there any recommendations or advantages to using another branded bearing? Cheers in advance.

Matt

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
It's a good idea to also replace the spacers and seals when doing your wheel bearings, once the spacers are worn the seal between them and the seals isn't so good and a lot of crap gets through into your bearings causing them to wear quicker, I usually use the KTM OEM ones

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a good idea to also replace the spacers and seals when doing your wheel bearings, once the spacers are worn the seal between them and the seals isn't so good and a lot of crap gets through into your bearings causing them to wear quicker, I usually use the KTM OEM ones
the seals came with the kit, by spacers do you mean the tube that goes between the bearings :confused:

I pack new bearings with waterproof gease.
Yeah I did too, and cleaned the nuts out of everything when ever I had the back wheel off, just seems a little short lived for a rear wheel bearing :confused: although tbh the bike dont have an easy life when ever I ride it. What life span are you all getting from yours?

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
did you use the full kit? bearings x2. seals x2. spacers x2 and the central tube. it's the two outer spacers that get worn by the seals. some people use stainless steel ones.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah wheel spacers :rolleyes: sorry, no I didn change them, nor did the kit contain the middle tube :confused: I will get the entire kit this time and change it all :cool: Just thinking, I had the rear tube replaced last week, and a few spokes tightened and the wheel trued up a little, could this have had anything to do with the bearing going? As they were rock solid when I checked them the week before. Cheers for the advice though chaps, I appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts