KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see there have been a few rearset conversations in the past, but I'm looking for any fresh opinions or ideas. My standard pegs are really not that grippy and I'd like to replace them. I like the look of the powerpart pegs but also can see there are a few others available:
Rizoma
Gilles
SES
BIF (??)

I'm not changing for bling value, though I would be reluctant to buy something that looks shite. I also need to retain a brake light so that has to be an option.

Anyone who's changed theirs prepared to offer up some thoughts?

Cheers,

BH

·
Registered
512 Posts
I Bought the power parts ones for mine,because i have a quickshifter and the linkage on shifter was longer,but you also need to buy the ackropovic heal plates aswell,not cheap but really good quality,around 450 quid if i cand remember, good comfortable rearsets with plenty of adjustments in,about 1hr to fit,good instructions with kit.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I replaced the OE rearsets after having a near off when my foot slipped off one of the pegs while cranked right over... closely followed by the other foot, lol. I have the Powerpart rearsets and find the pegs offer realy good grip level (though any with cross-cut pegs will offer the same)

·
Registered
469 Posts

oh now those flyhammer ones are seriously cool looking and very cheap compared to the gilles that i was going to order. Who are they in comparison, whats adjustability like and are they sturdy? Is there more adjustment over stock? How do i translate this webpage from italian to english?

·
Registered
469 Posts
the rizoma ones would definately be on my wish list but way to pricey

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
scotishrc8...for some strange reason I can't focus to reading your posts man... :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
lol, i know your eyes do seem to get drawn somewhere else. May actually remove it as its slightly over the top.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are the SES ones:

Anyone got any experience of SES at all, perhaps on another bike if not their RC8? The price looks tempting (£270 or so) and they look nicely made.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi,

I have an extra set of SES you can purchase. Is my spare track-day rearset. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers,
Christian

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What are they like? Do you rate them? Also, I'm looking at using them on the street, so I need to retain the brake light switch. Is this included with the ones you have?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like them. Nice design and extremely competitive price compared to the quality.

I am not sure about a light switch; my best guess is that you mount the original light switch.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The brake light wire will need to be lengthened to work with the SES rearsets and you'll have to make a bracket for the reservoir. They are grippy and comfortable.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The brake light wire will need to be lengthened to work with the SES rearsets and you'll have to make a bracket for the reservoir. They are grippy and comfortable.
That sounds like a bit of a pain. Is it something you've got first hand experience of or did someone tell you that was what you were going to need to do? And if you did go ahead with it, is it easy to make up a bracket and then lengthen the wire? Do SES do a bracket?

Cheers..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bonehead - I got the rearsets secondhand but I'm confident I got all the parts. The previous owner sent me the bracket he made up for the resevoir so I'm pretty sure they did not come with one. I ended up making my own anyway. Just a small strip of alloy with two holes drilled and bolted to where the rear pegs normally go. I didn't bother with rewiring the brake light because the bike is mostly used on the track and we don't have an MOT for me to fail in Ireland

·
Registered
129 Posts
The only thing I'll say about KTM powerparts rearsets is that if you decide to go for them, dont break them, I needed to replace a foot peg and had to wait for four months to get a replacement and was charged £72 for the privilege!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just bought a set of the gilles rearsets in black. I put them on, sat on the bike, and took them right off. They look nice and feel solid but they don't adjust higher and back enough for my liking. I'm happy to sell them at a healthy discount to anyone who wants them. Please PM me and note I'm in California. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts