KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi lads
so i,m with the AA for my van , car & bikes not used them in 4 years untill 1 month ago , when i broke down doing the tetty in wales , clutch went on a really long lane , had a fooking nightmare getting it out ,went found a farmer in the end & he went & got a teleporter too lift it back out . so once back on the road i thought great now ill call the AA out & get it recover home ( south east ) . so heres where it all goes too shit next morning they turned up with recovery truck ( large)
loaded it on & then told me they were taking me far as the bridge , then on too another truck which they did & then over 1hrs waiting too next vechicle turned up which couldnt take bikes .then after another 1hour another turned up loaded bike took me to nx services 30miles left me waiting in the dark for the next wagon too turn up , its now gone 9pm raining freezing cold & dark
my mate who i went away with has come home had a wash had dinner & is clearing his van out as they left me in the services , he says you be there all night i,m coming too get you .
AA wanted me too leave my bike & put me in a car ? WTFi had this in london years ago & bike got stolen
so i,m now looking for a decent recovery .any recomadtions lads

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
To be honest I’ve heard the same shit about all of e’m when it comes to bikes at one time or another, so jumping ship hoping that A.N Other is going to better is a mighty big IF, next time round they could be spot on....I’m with the RAC but I’ve always got phone numbers for guys with vans....my take...always have a plan B.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
They're all the same. I've had shit and good service from AA, RAC and Greenflag. And for ~£13 a month, not sure I can complain too hard.
Only recommendation I can make is cancel your policy and go with the other one each year. Otherwise the subscription keeps going up and up, while new signees get a good deal for the same shit service. No prizes for loyalty with those cunts, just penalties.

·
Registered
KTM RC8
193 Posts
Auto aid cover my car and both bikes 59 quid per year, used them few times no complaints. It's luck of the draw how long you'll be waiting no matter which service, 4 hours is not unheard of.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Brittania Rescue should be worth a look.
They use local firms rather than branded but I don’t think they stick to their regions.
Their customer service is/was pretty decent as well.

Not sure who my mate was with but they got him and his 1942 Indian from Perth back home to Bideford in one drive where the guy refused a cuppa and turned round to drive back. :oops:

Reactions: Ship

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've had AA membership since 2001. Never used them once. If you have more reliable vehicles my view is it is better value NOT to be a member, and then IF you ever need to use them you can join at that time for a premium and they will then still recover you, but chances are you'd still be much better over time with this strategy!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
They all use third parties to some degree. AA sent a local company to sort out my dead battery. RAC the same when my 640 inner tube tyre valve decided to shit itself. Clever fix too, essentially turned my tyre into a tubeless with a rubber washer and the valve retaining nut. Followed me the 20 miles home, no problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts