KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting one of these clutch kits for my cr500. has anyone used one before? any ideas who sells the cheapest ones as i cant find anything on ebay and not a great deal online either????

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have been thinking about having a couple of those in my bikes for ages, and have had good prices from a few guys of the forum, after my recent trip with a few guys from north yorks - how all have them fitted, it is deffo ` worth getting them, they made us look a little `useless` in several areas.. Lol.

Just need to make my mind up and buy them, but now thinking of getting a new bike first, so may wait a bit..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a rekluse on a WR250 and it was great. Made tight twisty technical bits a lot easier and also pulling up steep hills became better too. You do lose a bit of engine breaking though.

The only problem is when you stop in gear at a set of traffic lights and forget you are in gear because you haven't got the clutch in.... and give the throttle a quick blip!

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
I had a rekluse on a WR250 and it was great. Made tight twisty technical bits a lot easier and also pulling up steep hills became better too. You do lose a bit of engine breaking though.
Which is a good thing, about 30% less engine breaking which helps stop the front pitching. your not supposed to use engine braking anyway all the top lads pull the clutch in on decents and use just the brakes, the rekluse is sort of a half way house.

The only problem is when you stop in gear at a set of traffic lights and forget you are in gear because you haven't got the clutch in.... and give the throttle a quick blip!
dont blip the throttle simples :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its more because on longer rides i find the 500 gives me arm pump . even thought bout getting a magura hydro conversion. ive head mixed reviews as my last motor had a full new talon basket, new plates, cable and still had the same problem........
as long as i get the pro version i can still just use it as a normal clutch? is that right?

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I thought about them long and hard but one of my friends laughed at meand said "at least you'd be able to ride in the auto's" I only really wanted it for the right hand brake conversion for wheelies! Dont think it will do a lot for arm-pump (but willing to be corrected) to be honest, best to try and have a go on a bike that has one and see if you like it....

·
Registered
83 Posts
got one fitfed to my 09 250 excf its the future believe me.a rear brake on bars is the next purchase."fantastic" for laning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts