KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I have an 06 300 with a Rekluse (the basic one)

I have adjusted the Gap as I had some clutch slippage, the gap is at .035 now.
It now stalls and creeps forward when in gear and the engine is running and when the bike is in gear without the engine running it is hard to push.

I have checked and double checked the gap and have checked the steal plates and all are good.

There are some marks in the basket but I dont know what would be bad enough to worry about. They are visible but not deep.

I have changed the oil I have been using recently from ATF to a cheep semi synth 10 w40 (I change it after every ride).

Any thoughts?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
31,618 Posts
Put a washer under the spring in the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Put a washer under the spring in the slave cylinder.
Absolutely agree...!

I have just fitted mine and at first couldn't get it into gear without it stalling...:frown:

I ended up having to use the larger spring and TWO washers (even tho' the instructions say just one with the larger spring :confused:) it dragged first time I started it, but only for a split second and it now engages firmly with no slip and disengages just above tickover....PERFECT...;)

My Gap was about .75 so I changed an extra steel and ended up with about .35, I am also running 5 tungsten balls which make it bite a bit better...:D

HTH, Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eh?
In the slave itself?

I have 1 washer and the smaller spring under the top plate.

Cheers

·
Registered
887 Posts
eh?
In the slave itself?

I have 1 washer and the smaller spring under the top plate.

Cheers
No, put the larger spring and a washer under the top plate, it needs more spring pressure to disengage the clutch....a bit of a pain as you have to drain the oil again....I had to drain mine three times to get it right, but it was worth it in the end ;)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would suggest that the small spring is goosed then, as it was fine a couple of month ago.

I'll give that a go thanks.

·
Premium Member
31,618 Posts
I do the adjustments the quick way, by adding washers inside the slave. Takes minutes to do and does not involve loctite, torx screws or laying the bike on its side ;)

I have a preload adjuster on my slave spring ...... so I can adjust engagement speed on the trail in seconds ;)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What thickness washer Kev?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts