KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Duke R, running without the catalic converter, is this ok to run on standard Duke R map (I assume is the Akro map) or should it be remapped?

(not my bike (yet) so can't comment on how to runs)

·
Registered
796 Posts
My understanding is that you can swap exhausts around as much as you like without re mapping...however after de cat you should re map. To confuse even more I had a 1290 (decatted by the previous owner) and the dealer said it was okay to leave on the standard map. Things may have changed since then though...it was 2014.

Personally I would re map. Might as well do the rest as well SLS etc. The akro map is different from the standard over the counter with cat. My current 1290 is decatted, SLS removed and airfilter mod and re mapped with the akro. Again after that you can play with various exhausts.

I have no idea as to power gains...someone on here will come along with a lot more info soon.....

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi

I did the de-cat thing on my 2013 bike.
Yes it needs re-map! If your doing anything else like air filter, second filter etc.. do it all before you get it done!
I got a PC5.
The bike was much smoother and it got more torque, but it was loud as fuck!!, and it can get annoying on a long ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts