KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing the mirrors there seams to be somesort of ball bearing thingy inside the mounting point and it makes an anoying rattle while riding. :censored:
Any tips how to fix this ?

and putting the mirrors back on isn't a fix before some smart arss suggests it.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No suggestions so far.
I gues no-one takes their mirrors off. :p
Will take the fairing off later and have a closer look to figure it out myself. :D
I thought I could be lazy and just let somebody else figure it out for me :rotflmao::rotflmao:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Spacers?

I havent heared any rattle whitout the mirrors.
And putting them on is not a problem accept those rubber thingys:hmh: are braking every time.

:smokin:

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I gues no-one takes their mirrors off. :p
I use mine all the time, despite not being able to see things that clearly in it. I can't imagine riding a bike on the road without mirrors - I even miss them when I remove them from the bike for track use, lol

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Don't need them Toonz at a track if you are looking over your shoulder all the time:D

PLC (whats going on behind,must make room,must let people thru,ride in the middle give room for everybody, fk me that was an apex over there,well I think it was but can't quite see,to far away)

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
ive had mine on and off a few times. I've never had probs with my mirrors either.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone ever worked out a way or reducing the vibration in them at all? Guessing there is no way to cure this, just a nature of being a V-twin and the flex in the top fairing mounting?

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Has anyone ever worked out a way or reducing the vibration in them at all? Guessing there is no way to cure this, just a nature of being a V-twin and the flex in the top fairing mounting?
I haven't tried one so don't know if it worked or not, but KTM website reported that the 2010 bikes had some changes to the mirrors in order to improve things in the vibration department.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts