KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I've got a few questions so ill try keep it brief.

I've just been and put down a deposit for a 2017 SMC R and pick up mid march. super excited :D
Now my dealer gave me the power parts catalogue to pick out what aftermarket parts I want to get with the bike. I was unsure for a while what exhaust I wanted I was wavering on the Remus vs tuning kit evo 1.

Now my first question is is there any difference between the models made between 2014-2016 to the new 2017?

And secondly if there is dose this mean the akrapovic won't fit my smc r?

I've asked my dealer if it fits but he seems to think it won't but says the Remus will!

In the power-parts book it says the Remus will fit 2014-2016 but it also says the tuning kit evo 1 will fit 2014-2016.

Just a little confused as to whats what at the moment thinking my dealer is either not all that clued up on what fits the bike or he's trying to pull a fast one on me to get me to buy the Remus over the Akra for some sort of personal gain!

Thanks a bunch

DAMOtheVIKING

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
14 to 17 bikes are all the same.

Remus gives a noticeable change in tone and slight increase in performance. The pipe is 'e' marked and road legal - you can go for just the slip on silencer or you can have the header pipe as well. The bike needs to be remapped by the dealer. Slip on comes in about £500

The alternative is the full Evo 1 kit (Akra header/silencer, air box lid plus associated fuel mapping) - not 'e' marked, quite a lot louder than the Remus but better performance. More expensive at nearly £1,200 as well but it does have the all important Akrapovic street cred !

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Thanks for the reply :burnout: dose this mean the akrapovic is not road legal then?
Where I live (Jersey) it isn't as it does not have an 'e' mark and is not homologated for road use. It may well be illegal in some other European countries as well.

Different matter in the UK - it seems that, whilst it may technically be illegal, the Police seem to turn a blind eye unless you are being a twat ! And current practice seems to be to lose any 'not for highway use' markings from the silencer and then the MOT testers seem to turn a blind eye as well .....................

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just get a Wings exhaust for half the price of Akrap. Get the Evo 1 Air lid and do a remap at the dealer.

Those bikes burn the exhaust pretty quickly and they need to be repacked every 2 seasons or so.

Go for the Akrap full kit if money don't matter through :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have checked out the wings and I am really swaying towards it but something keeps pulling me back to the akra.
What markings dose the Akrapovic come with and are they easily removed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts