KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Anyone replaced their grips with aftermarket ones?

If so which bloody ones fit?

Redline say that the throttle tube is ribbed so aftermarket ones are a pain. B&C say any of the Renthal grips will fit.

I just want some new grips that aren't rock hard like the originals.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think you ll find the renthals are even worse. What i mean is they are quite thin and you ll even feel the vibrations of a frog farting 2miles away. but thats what i think....Get some grip puppies or some grip buddies.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want pink fluffy grips. Just ones that aren't like diamond patterned concrete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I tried Renthals for a change (no particular reason) and hated them - I actually find the stockers quite comfy in comparison.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered a set of the Renthal Kevlar ones in the thicker option. Will see what they're like. Might just be that I need to man up and improve my riding posture.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Bit late, but I heard good things about the ProGrip 717's, as used by a few Moto GP riders & claim to reduce vibration by c. 30%... Plus you can get 'em with orange detail.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took the original grips off. Clutch side is fine. The throttle side has loads of ridges and lumps in it. Do people shave these off to fit aftermarket grips?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never thought I'd be taking my Gillette to the 8. Ok. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
399 Posts
make sure you apply some hairspray to the handlebar before you put the grips on or some glue....the last thing you want is to twist teh wrist and nothing to happen. a bit on the dangerous side

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After shaving all the ridges off my throttle to fit the Renthals the 717's came which have the slots at the bar end and the recess at the yoke end. Wish I'd waited to compare both before hacking. Progrip from now on.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Those grips look good actually. Though, I cant find the ones with ORANGE accents as stated were available. Maybe ill try a pair :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts