KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title suggests, are there any tips for replacing the cam chain guide on my 690?

The cam chain is just beginning to get a little noisy, worse from cold and i have heard that replacing the guide usualy helps. any truth in that?

Any tips and/or advice would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Unfortunately, for the 690 model - the forum membership rarely attracts the technically experienced with their expertise - apparently most of us just use an expensive KTM workshop. You may have a long wait unless our Dutch correspondent logs on tonight.

·
Registered
341 Posts
TBF most 690's wont be all that long out of waranty and wont have done enough miles to need the cam chain guide changed.

Once the model gets older and cheaper people will start having a bash themselves.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Pull off the valve cover and make sure it is not the rocker arm bearing that is failing and creating the noise. I haven't heard of any cam chain guide isssues on bike with 10 to 20k miles on em, including mine, but several rocker arm bearings have failed creating more valve clearnce and the associated chatter. wayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts