KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys does anyone know the best place to buy a clutch reservoir cap.I bought a set of caps only to find the clutch one was too small was really 2 rear brake caps.I then ordered a front brake and clutch cap to find that the clutch cap was again a rear brake cap.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Several dealers have online parts fiches that are dead easy to use and you can be sure of what you're getting and the price. Jim Aim or Redline are the best I've found. Failing that, pick up the phone and (heaven forbid!) talk to 'em - simples ............

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Might be worth researching if other models fit. I'd wager a superduke 1290's does. Go for 2014 as at some point in 16 the clutch fluid changed from mineral to dot4 on the SDR. You'll have to check part numbers on a fiche.
Could also then look at racefoxx, they do some lovely black ones. . And don't print on them what oil the clutch takes anyway.

Don't suppose your clutch reservoir has been changed has it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if it has been changed by previous owner is the clutch reservoir normally slightly larger than the rear brake disc reservoir

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Someone else will have to confirm that as I no longer have an rc8. Definitely different part numbers on the reservoirs. I doubt if anyone has ever tried switching them over intentionally.
I'd visit your friendly dealer and ask to borrow a plastic reservoir cap to try. Do you still have the original plastic ones? I doubt it has been changed but if you've been ordering genuine powerparts caps and they dont fit, what else can it be. If you've been ordering ebay shite, it's probably the caps that are wrong.

Edit, here you go. Different items. 4th page.
https://www.gear4motorcycles.co.uk/parts/parts-by-ktm-model/ktm-street-range/ktm-1190-rc8-rc8r/

TO SUIT:-

-KTM 690 DUKE/R 08-11

-KTM 990 SUPERDUKE 04-11

-KTM 990 SUPERDUKE R 07-13

-KTM 1190 RC8/R 08-14

-KTM 1290 SUPERDUKE R 14-ON (changes in 2016 to a dot4 system. )

-KTM 1290 SUPERDUKE GT 16-ON

So you might be able to find a 2nd hand one for another bike.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Caps are good for 1 to 2 seconds per cap, better value than stickers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts