KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Recently put my motor back together after replacing all bearings etc.. filled up with oil and coolant. Started the bike and it runs great apart from one thing, there is a dribble of coolant coming from the front corner head gasket next to the water pump. It appears to be coming from the head-gasket but i'm confused as the area behind this part of the gasket is the cam chain and there should be no fluid there. I have already taken the engine back out the frame to check cylinder head bolts and i have checked the smaller upside-down bolts to the front and rear of the head and there are all plenty tight. i used a brand new ktm gasket when putting the head back on.

Any one had any experience of the same kind of issue? i cant see any fluids coming from the water pump and seeping towards the gasket.

This bike has been off the road for 3 years now while i have been trying to strip it and fix it whilst juggling kids, wife and house renovation and this last hurdle has stumped me! Any help is massively appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts