KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? Im thinking about riding to Cadiz from Bilbao or Santander in mid December but wondering whether it's practicable. Any advice gratefully received. (KTM Adv 1190 with hot grips)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm looking at a trip from there, not sure where too, I fancied the pyranees around catalonia, but might be too cold, if so I will head south too.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Just remember the bay of biscay can be choppy as fuck in the winter, so the ferry crossing could be savage, a mate of mine went to Spain last week on the Santander ferry and him and his Mrs were sick as dogs due to this.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Has anyone done this? Im thinking about riding to Cadiz from Bilbao or Santander in mid December but wondering whether it's practicable. Any advice gratefully received. (KTM Adv 1190 with hot grips)
Why wouldn't it be practicable? It's spain not mongolia. What exactly are your concerns?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The south of Spain could be glorious at that time of year. I did a Red Tread thing a couple of years back in December, sitting on the beach, in brilliant sunshine at lunch time in a t shirt and MX trousers and was lovely and toasty!

North of Spain can be very different so I'd say Auto Route it for the first bit to get south. It's only weather. Get GOOD waterproof kit, if you get cold stop for at least h30 mins in the warm and get something hot inside you.

cheers

Markie

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I remember riding into Bilbao or Santander from the south, the route there was twisty mountain stuff. I'd imagine it wouldn't be the best later in the year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Agree with Blue, rode back from Valencia mid November couple of years ago. Roads just south of Valencia/Bilbao are a bit mountainous, riding through clouds on hairpin roads was not pleasant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts