KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New to the forum. Love reading bits on here. However I have an issue with os indicators. I have led micros on rear. Worked
Perfectly for 3 years. No issues. Now the os indis stay on (no flash) when switched on. Ns work perfect. I have tried the rear os on ns and vice versa. Os still stays on. However to compound this further. This morning for 1st time os worked for one time now back to permanently on when activated. Any help gratefully received. angryktm. Rog

·
Registered
309 Posts
electrical gremlins are the worst, hopefully somones experienced this before to help a bit.

what i can suggest is to check the relays for them, if aftermarket possibly check any in line resistors installed. i think the flasher units are either built into the dash, or are somewhere located behind the dash.

·
Registered
KTM RC8
151 Posts
If you've still got the originals I'd be plugging them in to confirm if the fault is with the aftermarkets.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I've mentioned this B4 should'nt piss about with the Indicators on RC8's no external Flasher Unit or Relay. Flasher Unit is built into Dash so if U short wiring or overload circuit with incorrect lamps U will toast Dash :cry:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've mentioned this B4 should'nt piss about with the Indicators on RC8's no external Flasher Unit or Relay. Flasher Unit is built into Dash so if U short wiring or overload circuit with incorrect lamps U will toast Dash :cry:
electrical gremlins are the worst, hopefully somones experienced this before to help a bit.

what i can suggest is to check the relays for them, if aftermarket possibly check any in line resistors installed. i think the flasher units are either built into the dash, or are somewhere located behind the dash.
Thanks for the info. I haven’t got the oe part anymore. Bugger. I have spoken to an electrician and he seems to think there may be an earth issue. So will try that next. May look at an oe part if I can find one. It’s weird as it seems to be intermittent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would this fry both sides tho as I believe they only have one flasher unit in dash. It does sometimes work as well and stops when it feels like it. Been suggested it may be a bad earth.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If its intermittent then its just a bad connection somewhere. Finding it is the hard part.

(I would suggest to change your name so its not your email)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all. New to the forum. Love reading bits on here. However I have an issue with os indicators. I have led micros on rear. Worked
Perfectly for 3 years. No issues. Now the os indis stay on (no flash) when switched on. Ns work perfect. I have tried the rear os on ns and vice versa. Os still stays on. However to compound this further. This morning for 1st time os worked for one time now back to permanently on when activated. Any help gratefully received. angryktm. Rog
Thank you to everyone for all the inputs. It was an earth issue. New indicators are fitted as the old ones were toast it appears. Resistors fitted. Working now. Photos to follow. Thank you to perfled for new indys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts