KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, pretty to new to off road biking but loving it. Got sick of pushing my mountain bike up hills so have bought an 09 450 EXC : )

I live in the outskirts of Edinburgh and can get into local fields and green lanes - I know there are access issues in Scotland compared to the rights of way in England. However I have seen guys on Enduros around Peebles who had been on a long off road route. I stopped and asked them about it, but they were pretty cagey about where they had been, They weren't locals either and had brought their vans up from the north of England to ride.

So my question to any riders out there who have been off road in the bBorders is where can I go (as legally as possible). I understand there are some rights of way in the borders, where are they and how do I get onto them? Appreciate any help!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Depressing news which I didnt like either...

From the scottish enduro website:

"Please note that there is no right of access to Scottish forests for trail riding and that unauthorised use may endanger our sport. Ensure you have permission to ride before you go. For a good summary of rights in Scotland see John Rushworths 1999 article stored on this site ( this was pre Land Reform Act so is only a guide ) - click here. http://www.scottishenduros.co.uk/99/Rushworthrow.PDF "

Not good news, I know folk who go certain trails but...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts