KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am interested in buying a 560 SMR and am wanting to use it on the road for short blasts (aswell as track days). Does anyone have experience with putting SMRs on the road?

Do you have to go through any special procedure/certification to allow the bike on the road (apart from an MOT)? I would only need the bike for daylight use on a daylight MOT and know roughly what the bike needs for that.

How difficult/costly is it to get insurance?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link - I'll try searching more next time :redface:

What kind of insurance quotes do people get?

What do you ask for when getting a quote if the make/model is not on their system?

I already have a road bike and 6 years NCB with Carole Nash and was hoping to add it to my policy.

·
Premium Member
31,489 Posts
Or buy Moby's SXS for something with lots of factory bling. Summer SM and winter trail riding :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello

I am interested in buying a 560 SMR and am wanting to use it on the road for short blasts (aswell as track days). Does anyone have experience with putting SMRs on the road?

Do you have to go through any special procedure/certification to allow the bike on the road (apart from an MOT)? I would only need the bike for daylight use on a daylight MOT and know roughly what the bike needs for that.

How difficult/costly is it to get insurance?

Thanks
Im doing a 88 kx500 for the road and the Mot chap i use said all you have to have is a number plate with reflector and a horn thats it :smokin:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I remember reading an article in ''supermoto'' magazine about registering an MX bike, you could try getting the back issue, it was very factual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts