KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Quick question,,,I've got the chance to buy my 2011 sxf250 back from the person I sold it to...

But, I want a road legal bike for occasion green laning.

I have researched road registering,but I wanted to check something,

If the bike is less than 3 years old, do you not need an MOT test at all ?

SO is it just a case of getting the certificate to prove its age from KTM, insuring it with the frame number, adding a horn and rear reflector and then presenting it to a dvla office ???

Taxing it while youre there and then getting a number plate made,,,

Surely nothing in this country can be as straightforward as that ??? :)

Thanks guys...

PS> I know I'd need to get road legal tyres, and a kick stand, but do you guys think a 250sxf will be ok at green laning ? I reckon it will, and do you all think it would be a good idea to get an 18" back wheel for it ?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Been there done that in 2007 , i took a 2005 250 exc to stockton dvla (after making an appointment) the girl walked round the bike with her clipboard ticked some boxes and i put it back in the van , did the paperwork inside and paid for the tax then was told i would have to wait for a number plate number to be sent out , i said i wanted it straight away and they gave me it there and then with no hassle but a few mins wait , it really was that simple although things have probably changed since then and you probably have to perform circus tricks with a wild lion and a dwarf now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
204 Posts
im sure the dvla now want proof that vat has been paid on the bike ,ive done loads with no issues but things have changed a bit recently

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
Hi everyone,

Quick question,,,I've got the chance to buy my 2011 sxf250 back from the person I sold it to...

But, I want a road legal bike for occasion green laning.

I have researched road registering,but I wanted to check something,

If the bike is less than 3 years old, do you not need an MOT test at all ?

SO is it just a case of getting the certificate to prove its age from KTM, insuring it with the frame number, adding a horn and rear reflector and then presenting it to a dvla office ???

Taxing it while youre there and then getting a number plate made,,,

Surely nothing in this country can be as straightforward as that ??? :)

Thanks guys...

PS> I know I'd need to get road legal tyres, and a kick stand, but do you guys think a 250sxf will be ok at green laning ? I reckon it will, and do you all think it would be a good idea to get an 18" back wheel for it ?
your right in what you say - you don't need an MOT if less than 3yrs old

more info here mate

http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/technical-how-tos/13234-how-register-off-road-mx-type-bike-daytime-mot.html#post126240

1 - 9 of 9 Posts