KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The KTM200 EXC is the ideal rock climbing weapon. Punchy off the bottom end, light, nimble.

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
we told KTM for years there two strokes hadn't got enough bottom end - eventualy they listened...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep but

nice vid, you would have had even more grip with a trials rear tyre
Yes I would and lower inflation would help, but this is only one kilometres of a 100 kilometre ride that has a very broad range of surfaces.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we told KTM for years there two strokes hadn't got enough bottom end - eventualy they listened...
Funny you say that. I have both a 250 and 200 and even more surprising to many is the 200 (ridden in the vid) has a stronger and more responsive bottom end than the 250. In fact, in single trail, nothing comes near the 200. It is a real weapon.

Many people just don't understand two strokes and I frequently here them revving and slipping clutches. Not too much of that in this vid, just using the bike's engine as it was intended to be used.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It seems it varies from year to year as well as indivdual setup... my 04 is very peaky. I've ridden a variety of other enduro bikes to know it's lacking in that regards (though the peakiness does make it fun in some circumstances.)
If yours is better than a 250 low down, it probably explains why you think other people are doing it wrong with revving and slipping :).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Where's the vid, 200 also has adjustable power valve so you can bring it in a bit earlier I intend to have a play with mine!
sorry couldnt see on my i phone , ok on pc

·
Registered
104 Posts
Another great vid edog,

I totally agree with the 2 strokething, i ride a 300 and just using the low end power on climbs works for me,

I think you have to adapt and ride it slightly different to a 4T but once you have the engine is much better all round, especially the powerband part.

Loonacy

·
Registered
527 Posts
Another great vid edog,

I totally agree with the 2 strokething, i ride a 300 and just using the low end power on climbs works for me,

I think you have to adapt and ride it slightly different to a 4T but once you have the engine is much better all round, especially the powerband part.

Loonacy
I have a 950 Adventure and just completed a 1000 mile offroad ride in Portugal. Now have the bug and want an enduro for weekend fun.

Only have £1500 to spend and note that I can get an EXC200 for my budget. Any advice re what to look for etc would be VERY much appreciated. I noticed that I can get a 250 with a 300 kit (4 stroke) for about £2,000. What does everybody think?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a 950 Adventure and just completed a 1000 mile offroad ride in Portugal. Now have the bug and want an enduro for weekend fun.

Only have £1500 to spend and note that I can get an EXC200 for my budget. Any advice re what to look for etc would be VERY much appreciated. I noticed that I can get a 250 with a 300 kit (4 stroke) for about £2,000. What does everybody think?

Thanks

Andy
Hey Andy,

You cant go wrong wit a 200, great power to weight, on the other hand the 300 which weighs a bit more has bags of torque, enough to get up most climbs gently without hitting the powerband and losing too much traction.

As for the four stroke, I've never ridden a 250 rebored.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts