KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though for the life of me, i do not understand why the teams allow this to happen ?
they pay these guys millions you would think that when one rider cannot be cuaght (point wise) the other would not be allowed to challang so closley or fined half their salery.

also should have in contract that outside of the racing they would not be allowed to participate in other dangerous activities.

they could have had a one two at the end of season

BUT brill rossi

·
Registered
386 Posts
what an awesome fight :)

big props to rossi for sticking up to an almost-world-champion, not minding any team rules or tactics.

sublime :)

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Big respect to Yamaha, Lorenzo and Rossi for battling out on track and not just racing the mathematical championship safety net. Great last few laps...I wish every race was that exciting :burnout:

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
is it me..or does anyone else think that lorenzo intentionally pushed rossi right towards the edge of the track (almost on the grass?)

·
Registered
296 Posts
It was awesome, next year with Rossi on a duke will be cool. True to form Rossi said his tyres had gone off and he was in the "Sh1t" live on telly - legend.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Interesting - a few weeks ago didn't Rossi say that he would 'help' Lorenzo win the title ? And then Yamaha started being awkward about releasing Rossi from his contract immediately after the last race at Valencia so he could test for Ducati ?

What would YOU do in that situation ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The championship is lost for this year and he's leaving Yamaha so the whole 'helping Lorenzo' / might have a shoulder operation / maybe missing the last few races / hang-dog look / pish-poor 6th last time out etc is all about positioning for contract termination and release dates........as was beating Lorenzo on Japanese soil in front of all the 'big bosses'.

In the post-race interview he could barely stop himself giggling about it.........you've got to love his attitude.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
i think the..miss the last 2 races is a bargaining tool for rossi.

if yamaha said that he wont be released from them early..he will miss the last two races so that he doesnt miss 2 lots of testing on the ducati.
If rossi get to leave after the last race, then he will run to the end of season...test the ducati..then have his opp.

if yamaha start mucking him about, they will loose out as he will loose them a fair bit of revenue..and supporters for the last races.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It seems these days that the only really good motogp races of the 800 era are when Rossi is involved in the scrap. Be it against Lorenzo, Stoner, Pedrosa... in fact any body else. If any of the others get passed they normally fall line astern and the race becomes a procession. When Rossi retires the series will suffer badly. I think Spies is the only other rider who could keep it really interesting.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Awesome race....they all used to be like that...that's the first really fantastic fight to the finish this season. Rossi is awesome, and wanted to prove something to the whippersnapper I think. But no doubt Lorenzo is awesome too, but I think rossi still reamains the best.

I think Ben Spies looks interesting too...watch this space.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
is it me..or does anyone else think that lorenzo intentionally pushed rossi right towards the edge of the track (almost on the grass?)
i think the red mist came down on him and wanted to get by at all costs !!! tosser but good racing all the same

saying that max biaggi is getting the same sort of bad press in wsb, bullying tactics move or i'll take you out sort of thing

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
It seems these days that the only really good motogp races of the 800 era are when Rossi is involved in the scrap. Be it against Lorenzo, Stoner, Pedrosa... in fact any body else. If any of the others get passed they normally fall line astern and the race becomes a procession. When Rossi retires the series will suffer badly. I think Spies is the only other rider who could keep it really interesting.
Totally agree with you.

WSB is far more exiting as in motogp2 world ss etc.

Here's hoping that Spies gets the same equipment as Lorenzo next year

1 - 14 of 14 Posts