KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a top box with these things in mind - 1) Locks well/is secure 2) Fits 2 helmets 3) Is fairly hard wearing 4) Will be comfortable as a back rest for my girlfriend 5) looks as good as a top box can - I've got touratec panniers so to fit in with those would be good, but not necessary.

I've been looking at a couple of Givi's - the v56 and trekker 52, but both look like the locking mechanism is pretty weak - it seems to just be a plastic latch. If anyone has experience with those then are the locks weak?

Any advice much appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys. So are you fairly happy leaving 2 lids (£500 odd quids worth) in there without feeling the plastic bit that stops you opening the box will be snapped off and stuff nicked? I do like the look of the the Trekker.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for the feedback. Last question then - I'm between the trekker 52 and the trekker outback 58. I'm leaning towards the outback. Anyone with experience of it on the 1190 find that it looks ridiculously big? Can't really find any pics of it on an 1190, but it looks massive! Does it look daft? Also, what mounting bracket is best to use? Does the SW Motech one allow a bigger weight load?

Ta

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to update this thread - I ended up going with the Outback 58L and the Altrider luggage rack. I'm very happy with the quality of both items. Box easily fits 2 helmets, gloves and just about 1 jacket at a squeeze. Or 1 helmet, gloves, jacket, and a few other bits easily. Seems well made and the locking mechanism feels solid - feels like the touratech latches.

The Altrider rack is quality - big with lots of lashing points for when I take soft luggage. Feels very solid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts