KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out in my RC8 today and noticed the temp was running around 80 degrees centigrade. Is that normal ?

Also, after riding for about 30 minutes, I stopped to wait for a wagon backing up that took about 2 minutes, the temp shot up close to 100. Is that normal ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Were you in traffic before it hit 80 ? I know mine doesn't like city traffic , if it was a jump of 20 degree in 2 minutes I was make sure the coolant is fresh maybe ensure there's no air in the system .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s running around 80 most of the time.

Were you in traffic before it hit 80 ? I know mine doesn't like city traffic , if it was a jump of 20 degree in 2 minutes I was make sure the coolant is fresh maybe ensure there's no air in the system .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nothing out of the ordinary, problems start if you lose coolant, the fan doesn't kick in at a standstill or the thermostats fail.

Temperature between 103-107c when stood still would start to raise suspicion, above that and you likely already have a problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It went upto around 100 when I stopped which is what gave me cause to think something was wrong.

Nothing out of the ordinary, problems start if you lose coolant, the fan doesn't kick in at a standstill or the thermostats fail.

Temperature between 103-107c when stood still would start to raise suspicion, above that and you likely already have a problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What's the coolant level in the reservoir (bottle on the RHS) and check the level in the radiator (remove RHS panel - 6 bolts).

When was the coolant last changed?

I just changed mine it went from running at around 75° to now running at 68-69°.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts