KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I do a couple of heat cycles then take it relatively easy on first ride for a wee while, after that wring it's neck

·
Registered
347 Posts
I do a couple of heat cycles then take it relatively easy on first ride for a wee while, after that wring it's neck
x2 but i take longer and stick to 2x 10 minute rides under half throttle then a 15 min ride just in the powerband and then a quick 10 mins flat out and I get maximum life out of my pistons and only one sieze in 23 years!

Same oil mix and std jetting for me, The metals in the piston and rings are different and need time to bed in to the liner. Tolerances are still not that tight not to have a 'run in cycle'

·
Registered
298 Posts
x2 but i take longer and stick to 2x 10 minute rides under half throttle then a 15 min ride just in the powerband and then a quick 10 mins flat out and I get maximum life out of my pistons and only one sieze in 23 years!

Same oil mix and std jetting for me, The metals in the piston and rings are different and need time to bed in to the liner. Tolerances are still not that tight not to have a 'run in cycle'
+2 only one seize in 40 years

1 - 10 of 10 Posts