KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have took delivery of a new 690r Duke Would like to no whats:confused: best way to run it in. Should I start up and let it run for a few minutes or ride straight away. Dealer Said no more then 6000 revs till run in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have took delivery of a new 690r Duke Would like to no whats:confused: best way to run it in. Should I start up and let it run for a few minutes or ride straight away. Dealer Said no more then 6000 revs till run in.
Just ride it, and ride it hard and with various revolutions on the engine. The engine is already bench tested at KTM and they run them to the rev limit and checking maximum power, and then the engine is almost runned in already from fabric.

They say you need to take it slow and not exceed given rpm just so you don´t kill yourself with a new bike, so you can´t sue them if you get hurt :D

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
This was asked recently. Banging off the limiter on one wheel for 100 miles

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
personally if i just spent the doller on a new 690r Duke im not taking any chances and would be running it in the way. Read your user manual, it will have a running in section somewere in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.