KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People.
My 950 Adventure has an intermittent fault and only runs on one cylinder but only for a short time. It has been running like a bag o shite which was mainly fixed by balancing the carbs which made a huge differeence but still occasionally runs on one. Any ideas on where to start looking? I know that coils general are either all or nothing so it's not likely to be one of those.

Cheers to all in advance for your help

·
Registered
435 Posts
The first thing I`d check would be the plug leads-they can go dicky and cause an intermittent problem like yours,good luck :burnout:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's hoping

The first thing I`d check would be the plug leads-they can go dicky and cause an intermittent problem like yours,good luck :burnout:

Sounds like a plan. Hopefully it'll be the case of Simplest answer is usually the right one.
CHeers

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
if its intermittent i would go for plug leads but it could be coils .....they dont always just fail they can suffer with high resistance which can make them arc out or the windings can go open or short circuit, check theres no water got down the plug holes........have fun :D

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Check the battery earth lead and associated bits, I had the same problem on my 950.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the problem worse when it is damp? it's much easier to short out when moisture is present.
It seems to be anywhere any time. But I'll get some contact cleaner onto the job to be sure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts