Rutter did a few laps around the Isle on the 1290R Ev
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Font Map Slope
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Helmet

o.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Did they say what his lap time was? We saw him/the bike but never on track as his potential sessions kept getting cancelled due to other incidents, I’d love to have seen his lap.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did they say what his lap time was? We saw him/the bike but never on track as his potential sessions kept getting cancelled due to other incidents, I’d love to have seen his lap.
I thought i read, 21 minute lap and 108 mph average, on a very windy day. top speed 148 mph, not bad for a full naked.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice one love it, I'm going over next week for a few days on mine, I'll be doing a 4 HR lap with pitstop at the victory cafe and jurby motor museum and a few punches to the kidneys for doing the odd wheelie

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
That sounds a slow time. I expected better. I don't understand why he's only doing 120 at the bottom of Bray. Please explain.
Probably trying to not get blown off the back of the bike!
It said he backed off down the Sulby straight (where the racing bikes are doing 190mph plus) at 140 odd as the bike wasn’t stable - it’ll be the lack of ability to use the top end speed that would eat into the lap time IMO.
Still ridiculously fast in real terms - not many places on the lap I’d want to go much over 100mph, never mind average speed!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Couldn't take the Street Fighter, as it would hit its sump and possibly drop oil. So second best naked was used. Wise choice. I wonder if the SF could make it around on a tank.? Take the fairings off any of the top race bikes and i bet they drop 30-40 miles PH off their top speed, no down force, no streamline.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts