KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have connected my laptop to rc8 with tuneecu and when i go onto map edit and devices it has SAI, O2 sensor and EPC unticked and 2nd throttle and idle speed control ticked.Does this mean the 02 sensor and SAI are switched off is the SAI the SAS system. Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also could someone tell me how to raise idle revs when upto temperature and also i see in my map it says rev limiter is set to 10800 is that the correct setting

·
Registered
282 Posts
yes the SAI/SAS and o2 are off. and yes the SAI is the SAS, not sure why its referred to as two different things. not overly sure what they're actually called tbh, ive always thought they were "Secondary Air Injection" and "Secondary Air System"

upping the revs for idle, there should be an idle speed control tab on the left. this gives you the settings for the revs at different temperatures, the operating temperature is the far right. you just want to increase that as high as you need.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks whitemarmite thought they must be off need to have a look to see if SAS has been blocked off

·
Registered
282 Posts
there are two methods of eliminating the SAS, the professional blanking plate and the slightly less professional option of the ball bearing.

if its the plates, youll see the plates installed, pretty obvious.

if its the BB method, then you'll need to try and examine the airbox to find the hose that is usually blocked with the BB.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cheers pal new jester exhaust on its way hopefully put it on over the weekend depending on the weather and have a good look

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would the akra map be recommended with the jester exhaust or should i wait to see how she runs after installing exhaust

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found the Akra map to be running too rich on mine, i have a dyno tuned map for the Jester that works great, mine is a 2010 RC8

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow love the jester like a different bike love the sound and low down grunt not changed map yet. I have a feeling it may have been setup for an aftermarket exhaust before as when i bought bike there was a couple of dyno printouts in the paperwork

1 - 17 of 17 Posts