KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fitted it? Any noticeable effects apart from being a few pounds lighter in the pocket?

Anyone had the OE ones fail?

Got all the bits for my top end tear down, including the samco thermostat bypass kit which has just arrived. As good a time to do it as any... said I wasn’t going to but...

Already running a fan kit and water wetter plus distilled water... summer is a coming though. Temperatures currently soaring. .

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
I had one on my 300, plus the Samco hose kit that eliminates the thermostat. It was a pain to fit or better said it was a pain to get the OEM T-piece out. The tube that runs down the frame is aluminium and has a thread screwed into the top part of the T-piece.
Getting the aluminum tube off was a pita and I was furious, almost kicked the bike from the stand, but finally made it. I didn't feel any improvements except the good feeling that a weak point had been eliminated....

Reactions: Miner

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
It will make you into a riding dog err god and be oblivious to any marketing material apart from L'oriel cos you're deffo not feckin worth it.

Reactions: sand300 and Miner

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought wee key that goes in the pipe to loosen the OE tee... time will tell but certainly a more robust setup than the contraption I took out. Less likely to leak for sure... thermostat bypass (delete really) kit looks like it’ll do the most. Some contraption as well.

I’d recommend having someone with small hands on standby for fitting the tee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts