KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Snap! Just had mine fitted, along with a K&N filter. The SAS valve and charcoal cannister came out today as well (the cat went a while back). Had it all sorted out, and the ECU remapped, at Dave Wood Racing and am very happy with the result. :)

Dyno reading - Scorpion.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok, after 9 noisy months, have taken off the Scorpion!

No objection to loud but it was a bit wearing on long trips. Coupled with the increasing attention being paid to loud pipes in Europe made me think it might be time for a change. Lots of internet hunting, research, checking dimensions, weights and user reviews etc. etc. and I have ended up with...

...the original can! Thought I'd give it a try and found out it sounds bloody lovely without the CAT. Still loud but a deeper tone and it doesn't get into your head when riding. Took it for a bit of a run around and the only difference in response was that it smoothed out a bit of snatchiness at low revs in Sport mode.
I know it's heavier but so am I (since I bought the bike) ;) so I'll live with that!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ve just bought one of these slip ons and today took my GT for a long run. I loved the sound of it. Makes the bike sound really grunty and aggressive without being stupid loud. I’m curious about the stock exhaust without the cat. Does any link pipe for the Superduke fit any slip on/stock do you know?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good question and one I should have asked before I bought mine! Happily, the answer appears to be yes :) I'm using a Remus link pipe and there was no issue swapping from the Scorpion back to the original can, other than needing to replace the gasket (would need doing each time I'm guessing?)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good question and one I should have asked before I bought mine! Happily, the answer appears to be yes :) I'm using a Remus link pipe and there was no issue swapping from the Scorpion back to the original can, other than needing to replace the gasket (would need doing each time I'm guessing?)
I ordered a new gasket when I destroyed mine when fitting the Scorpion. How much louder is the bike without the cat? A bit louder or stupid loud?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Probably veer towards the stupid loud - not quite ear-bleedingly loud but definitely not a 6am stealth volume. Just the cat and standard can is pretty loud!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts