KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of you fellas have them fitted, I've just priced up a Pro-oiler which I had on my old Adventure, but it's well out of my budget at the mo at £180 delivered.

There are plenty of Scottoilers on the Bay, but many say they're for specific makes and models of motorcycles, now I'm aware there is one for the KTM, but would any of the others fit the Adventure? I'm also aware that there's a universal model which I gather would fit.

What kind of Scottoiler have you fitted??

TIA

·
Registered
388 Posts
The main part of the scottoiler is the same on all the kits. The main differences between the model specific kits are the interface parts with the bike such as the spigot for attaching the vacuum pipe end.
I'm using an old scottoiler unit I inherited over 10 years ago when I bought a ZZR1100. I've put it on my Adventure and it works after a few minor difficulties.
If you go on the scottoiler website you will find the model specific bits you need.
If you buy a scottoiler secondhand, assuming it works you willl need the M6 spigot
http://www.scottoiler.com/pc/Spares_;am;amp;_Adaptors/M6_Brass_Screw-In_Spigot.html
and maybe a new damper elbow as the old one may be stretched and not give a good fit (I put a cable tie round mine but a new one is better)
http://www.scottoiler.com/pc/Spares_;am;amp;_Adaptors/Vacuum_Damper_Assembly_(with_filter).html

Fitting guide
http://www.scottoiler.com/pdf/KTM_950 & 990 Adventure and Adventure R_Scottoiler KTM Kit_English14-10-2009.pdf

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
and maybe a new damper elbow as the old one may be stretched and not give a good fit (I put a cable tie round mine but a new one is better)
http://www.scottoiler.com/pc/Spares_;am;amp;_Adaptors/Vacuum_Damper_Assembly_(with_filter).html
£5 for a bit off rubber tube!

Gav, just get the universal kit - I did, works fine and has all the above bits you need in it - second hand doesn't look worth it to me as you have to spend extra on the above bits and bobs.

Mine is under the seat, still room in there for tool kit and intercom unit (unless you have one of them shitty 990's :p) or you can mount it to subframe, or maybe hold it under your arm whilst riding

·
Registered
657 Posts
£5 for a bit off rubber tube!

Gav, just get the universal kit - I did, works fine and has all the above bits you need in it - second hand doesn't look worth it to me as you have to spend extra on the above bits and bobs.

Mine is under the seat, still room in there for tool kit and intercom unit (unless you have one of them shitty 990's :p) or you can mount it to subframe, or maybe hold it under your arm whilst riding
what he said... I've got a 990, and the scottys under the seat... I posted piccys of the all the routing on another thread here.

(oh and its far better than what Scottoiler show...I do wonder who compiles their designs/ piccys?)

·
Registered
59 Posts
In case you're interested I'm just about to offer one for sale. Its the universal touring model with the bigger oil reservoir. Its new and unused, never got around to fitting it. £85 plus postage. Will post on FS section when I get a mo' to take a photo.
Pedro

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Yes the uni kit has all the req bits DG . . Ive had mine for about 10yrs and swapped it from bike to bike , sometimes ive needed to renew the delivery tube and the vacume tube as its been to short for the next bike , and scottoiler are a great company to deal with if you need any help or spares . Once fitted and set up with the correct flow rate its a great bit of kit . Got mine set to one drop of oil every 90 seconds..

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Just get a normal one off ebay - then contact scottoiler direct for any bits you might need. very helpful people and gave me a load of freebies (you'd like that) when I contacted them.

Mine is a standard one - fook the KTM specific one

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Gav -Or you can put it where the rest of us put our legs -plenty of space there on YOUR bike !

:D:D:D:D

You all have a nice day now, hear?

(I have not seen one PROPER v twin since I arrived here :frown::frown:

AND the muppets ride without helmets! :eek:)

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
The Adventures already have a carb balancing pipe connected to the inlet that is blanked off. Cant see why you cannot connect to that, no need for the M6 spigot?

·
Registered
637 Posts
The 950 SE has that same pipe kev. But there's no way you will be able to connect that to the air feed for the oiler.

Much easier to get the m6 spigot and pay the silly price.for the replacement elbow IMHO

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
The 950 SE has that same pipe kev. But there's no way you will be able to connect that to the air feed for the oiler.

Much easier to get the m6 spigot and pay the silly price.for the replacement elbow IMHO
There is no such thing as "no way" if its better, cheaper or easier, I will find a way ;)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Completely agree, but been there done that, gave up being cheap and had to buy a replacement elbow as my old one broke in half from.the engine pulses. So bought the spigot at same time

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm going to fit my old scotoiler today, just to save time can anybody tell me where the spigot screws in.
I can't show you a photo right now but from memory you need to take the right tank off and you will see a blanking screw/small bolt going into the engine near the back. You need to take that out and replace it with the spigot.
There's got to be a picture somewhere on this forum or ADVrider

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Ring Scott Oiler themselves. i think it was a Richard I spoke to (may be wrong - sh*t memory).

They were more than helpfull for me. Emailed me full instructions and pictures and a load of freebies followed in the post.

The 990 has a small blanking screw behind the right hand fuel tank. This is the ONLY place to connect to for a 990. Anywhere else will affect the EFI (been there done that - had terrible running problems for months).

As for the 950 ............... dunno :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts