KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Out for a quick spin today and managed to put a screw into the rear tyre. Managed to get it home via two garage stops for the airline but it’s right in the centre of the tread.
I’ve attached a pic.
C3E7D7D0-9F11-4447-B62A-21345C5E8DE9.jpeg

I’ll need a new rear but there’s not loads of life in the front anyway so considering replacing with something else as a pair.
Any recommendations or just stick with the Pirelli Angels that are currently on it which I quite happy with anyway
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Power RS on the front,same on the rear, Road 05 on the rear for distance and use that combo on 3 bikes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Conti Road Attack III, great all round tires, and they last. Best tire I've ever ridden on in the wet. Ran them on both my ex 1200 multi and ex GT, now ron S22 on my 1290R as i do track days.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If it's in fairly straight, I'd plug it and carry on. Always carry repair kit with me . . . . . . . . .
I've stuck with either Angel GT or Roadtec 01's on mine

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all but decided to go with another Angel so I just had to buy a rear
Steve

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Most sport tour tyres are good.

Angel's
Roadtec
Roadsmart
Road attack
Road 5s

I hated road 5s on my adventure, but live road attack 3s.

I think a lot us just down to what tyre you gel with, as all have more grip than us more mortals need.

Prior to road attack 3s I used dunlop roadsmarts for a decade on mine and mrs bikes. Got to contis for free, but like em so much I will stick with them for now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put Roadtec 01SE on last year as replacement for OEM Angel GTs and like them a lot. Good cornering feel and mileage. Good price too for a new model tyre.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts