KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve used my heated seat a few times now and love it. However, it seems to me there’s no real difference between the heat settings (Low, Medium, High). After a number of miles my seat can feel a bit too hot, so I turn down the settings but feel no difference. I have to turn the seat off as it gets too hot. So I’m wondering if my seat is faulty or is it a question of “they all do that sir?”

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Do you use on the low setting and its too hot? I've found mine does vary between settings

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you use on the low setting and its too hot? I've found mine does vary between settings

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I usually have it on Medium to start with. When I need more heat I boost to High but then after a while it gets too hot and at that point if I lower the settings I cant tell the difference. Seems to stay the same like its on High permanently until I turn it off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I suspect that the only difference is the length of time the element is switched on: L is on short/off long; M on med/off med; H on long/off short. I don't think it's thermostatically controlled. But I could be wrong....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Depends what you're wearing and what the weather's like. If I'm wearing denim jeans and it's a normal autumn day, low is too hot once it's warmed up. In full Cordura with thermal lining during winter in Northumberland, whack it all the way up and stay toasty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts