KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
It's not part of the World Hard Enduro championship and they've just done two races and have getzen next so probably saving themselves and the budget for that.

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
I bet it’s quite nice being less high profile?

I see Robo is doing it. His vids are on the YouTube

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah he’s been up live a bit today been good.

Looks a good crack to be fair of your fit enough. Fair few days riding.
Be interesting to see the cost inc someone like Eurotek support.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would say it’s definitely the event to do if you want a lower cost alternative to Romaniacs.

It was 4 races last year (beach, forest, canyon, mountain) so plenty of riding plus a day practice before hand. Good weather and chilling out by the beach/pool as well.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I would say it’s definitely the event to do if you want a lower cost alternative to Romaniacs.

It was 4 races last year (beach, forest, canyon, mountain) so plenty of riding plus a day practice before hand. Good weather and chilling out by the beach/pool as well.
Lol.. yeah today I was actually wondering if it would be a better and more enjoyable race to do!

They used to call it the most enjoyable hard enduro in the word.

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
What’s the cost comparison?

I’d expect you still need a strong preparation trail to do it justice.

·
Registered
448 Posts
What’s the cost comparison?

I’d expect you still need a strong preparation trail to do it justice.
I would say around £2.5 - £3k for s2s
Anywhere around £4K for Romaniacs.

As with anything you can go overboard and it depends on how your bike is to start. If you’re already riding extreme stuff then all the bits you have to get you will probably already have (disc guards, rad guards etc)

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
It looks like Wade and Mario are there. I guess they aren't contenders for the HEWC. They also do a lot of the tier 2 races. I guess it gives sherco a good chance of a podium.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Young and Roman will be a clear 1 and 2. Then i guess at walkner in third and then could be any order of Teasdale, Bolton or the Bulgarian for the other places.

Looks like Loads of brits have entered this year.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
How come no Pros racing this year?
Since the organizers have told Red Bull to fuck off they have been (kicked) out of the World Hard Enduro Series.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Young and Roman will be a clear 1 and 2. Then i guess at walkner in third and then could be any order of Teasdale, Bolton or the Bulgarian for the other places.

Looks like Loads of brits have entered this year.
Shit loads of Brits have entered Romaniacs this year too. I guess we've all been bored at home with holiday money burning a hole. Or as I've experienced, the feeling of "you might die soon, better do some cool stuff".

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Hixpania was 24MX and not Redbull but that was in. What do you mean by telling them to fuck off?
There was a massive discussion between the organizers and Red Bull in - I think, not sure - 2018 or 2019. As far as I remember one race was held without Red Bull. And now they are out, this is not a coincidence in my opinion.

Or am I confusing something?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hixpania was 24MX and not Redbull but that was in. What do you mean by telling them to fuck off?
Red bull covered Hixpania hence the coverage etc.
I believe the first one that was run at sea to sky without the Red bull backing was when there was the terrorism threat with the rockets etc. Hardly any riders were there and I think lars enockl won.

·
Registered
9,939 Posts

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
There was a massive discussion between the organizers and Red Bull in - I think, not sure - 2018 or 2019. As far as I remember one race was held without Red Bull. And now they are out, this is not a coincidence in my opinion.

Or am I confusing something?
Nope, just old and wise enough to see things differently.

It’s great the event still runs though. I hope they keep doing it regardless of big promotion etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts