KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a seat or seat cover for a 2002 200 EXC. The type i am looking for is black on the top with orange sides with EXC in large letters embosed on either side.

I am told this part is no longer available but do any of you have one amoungest your collections.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I just disposed of a badly torn one and wish I'd kept it now as it could have been used as a pattern for an upholsterer to make another one from. You should be able to find an upholsterer/trimming place who could make you one up from your seat and pictures of what you're after.

·
Registered
929 Posts
i have a black seat cover with orange down the sides ,ktm written in black with silver dashes in ,it is made by ceet and is brand new,it was bought for my 03 125exc ,also orange n black ktm airbox graphics 03<black splashes >cant upload pics but can email them and maybe someone can put them on

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
They were a horrible seat, you could feel the seams cutting into your arse! I took a nearly new one off my 02 EXC and threw it in the bin. The black covers are far better.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
They were a horrible seat, you could feel the seams cutting into your arse! I took a nearly new one off my 02 EXC and threw it in the bin. The black covers are far better.
^^^^^^ +1

Also, the orange bits got really grubby and looked crap. Thinking about getting a nice suede one made up at the mo.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kev,
Your right, yes the water is in the one I have and its ripped and it looks crap. I just wanted to make it look original. Nostalgia and all that stuff. Clearly you dont approve so what part no do you recommend or are we talking after market. Should i buy a cover or a complete seat?

Your view appreciated.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
There's this from CEET in the US http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KTM-2-S-98-03-EXC-MXC-98-02-Orange-Blk-Replica-Cover-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5ba74364QQitemZ250645791588QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#shId

But very expensive by the time you add on the $31 postage. If I were you....I'd go for a plain black gripper cover. No need for complete new seat - just remove existing cover, and refit the new one. All you need is a few minutes and a lightweight staple gun. Make sure you put the staples in the correct place - numpty who fitted one for me years ago put the staples too near the edge where the plastic is thinner, and I could feel them if I pressed down on the seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts