KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i know it isnt a ktm but i thought id ask for some advice.

i have had a email off a scottish bloke about buying my zx6r. here are the emails i have recieved off him, i replied to the 1st one then i got the 2nd one this morning.

just want to know if your bike still for sale.i reside in Glasgow with my wife and 2 lovely kids. may i know where you stay, why you want to sell,your last offer as well as available pictures as I'm really interested and ready to make payment only if
you are willing and truthful with it

then i recieved this one...

really interested and ready to make payment.Hope
still in order ?

i shall send you certified cheque and instruct my freight company to
come for inspection and pick up when you confirm to me that you have received the payment and fully cleared.you have nothing to worry about. i hope to send the payment this week only if you are honest and willing to sell to me.kindly get back to me with the following:

Name to be on the cheque .
your full contact address where you want the Payment received as well as your Phone Number........ so that my freight company can locate your home easily when coming for inspection and pick up.

i told him i wanted cash and to go to the bank with him to pay it in to my account. i dont know if im being too worried or if i should go ahead and get the cheque sent to me.

thanks

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
doesnt sound like much of a scottsman to me... sounds a bit dodgy. give him another adress to the one where it is kept. if the cheque clears then all is good

·
Registered
940 Posts
ok i'll rephrase that as you don't seem to be clear

IT's A FUCKING SCAM

cheque will most likely clear but in a month or so the money will be claimed back due to it being stolen
bike gone money gone, says scam all over yet you needed telling, FFS

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i got it the first time mate. i thought exactly the same. nothing wrong with a second opineon is there? wind yer neck in

·
Registered
330 Posts
get the check sent to a friends adress cash the check, let him send courier to friends adress (your friend will have to be in on it as well) friend knows nothin when courier turns up, you might end up with the money and scam the scamer lol

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Deffo a scam, however......
in these circumstances IMO the best thing to do is play along, let the scammer spend time and money sending you a fake cheque, cash it (you might as well although it WILL be stolen). then email the scammer back stating you knew it was a scam from day 1 but you have enjoyed watching him spend time and money for no gain!

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Ive never heard a sweatie sock speak so nicely! must be a scam (or he has had a stroke!) Actually on second thoughts, come on gentlemen, don't be tight! nigerians need bikes too! probably be right, send him the bike and wait for the monies.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts