KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 950 was stolen today from outside of my place of work in Bolton,despite CAT 1 alarm/immobiliser and decent lock on it. Silver and Black model reg. GN53 UMW.As usual none of the neighbours saw anything - Absolutely Gutted,spent lots of time and money sorting bike to suit me - as you do! Too many Thieving Scum about these days!! :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed you get in the bike back soon.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
been there and can only hope you have more luck getting it back than I did. I was totally gutted so feel for you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Complete shite, sorry to hear another one has gone.

I had a bike stolen at 2:30 in the afternoon in central London earlier this year. Van pulled up, chain was cropped and off it went.

Thing that amazed me most was 2 guys in a shop that looked over the bike bay watched it happen and did nothing, not even a call to the Police. To me they are just as bad.

I'm picking up a new 990 Adv on Monday and the one extra I have had fitted is a Tracker. Seems there is little you can do to stop them getting nicked but at least the tracker will give me a chance of getting it back if it does happen.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Gutted for you - post some piccys and details of the bike and I'll distributed them around our shops and web links

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jon.
Pardon my ignorance but what is happening to the adventures that get stolen?
I remember the one that ended up on e-bay not long ago and we got streetview and all sorts relating to the twat who stole it, but surely given the 'uniqueness' of the bike then someone on the site must be almost funding these thefts with getting secondhand parts and whatnot?
Don't wanna say anyones knowingly a twat on here but FFS if everyone questioned where the bits come from then surely we could nail the scum?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here`s the Really Annoying Bit. A plain clothes detective came to see me yesterday and due to info given them from a local shopkeeper they KNOW who took my bike (local gang of thieving bastards), but they haven`t been to see any of them as they "Weren`t actually seen taking the bike from the premises!!!!" WTF is goin on in this country??? My bike is/was probably within half a mile of where I work yesterday ,but NO effort was made to attempt to find it - the `Police` haven`t even been to any of the suspects home addresses despite them being caught on CCTV wheeling my bike along!! Meanwhile my bike is probably being stripped down or has been moved on while the law does FUCK ALL!!!.Looks like I`m goin to have to do my own detective work,and hand out some kind of justice of my own.What a ridiculous country we now live in!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My bike has been found completely burnt out - probably cos the thieving little C***TS couldn`t start it.What a F****NG waste!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Sorry to hear that . Total shite .

Hopefully the scum that took it will grow an inoperable tumer on there lower spine in the very near future .

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news......and you will just keep asking yourself WHY????

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hopefully the thieving twats were stood near to it breathing in the carcinogenic plastic smoke and in a few years suffer for the bad karma.

Jon - it was gonna be consigned to the bin at some time later in it's life so it just happened a bit sooner than expected and what's done is done now.
Get the money and get another. good luck

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers for all your comments fellas - much appreciated!! Will be looking for a replacement in the near future :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts