KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning (just).
Just fishing for others experiences...
Firstly, can you remember how much you paid for your first service? Recently purchaced my machine from Redline in Loughborough but live in Southampton so the nearest dealer to me is in Gosport (Trev Pope). Doesnt make sense to travel back up north for future servicing so just trying to guage cost.
Secondly, my bikes just turned 600 miles to the nearest inch and on start up this morning she stalled at idle 3 times before running stable. It wasnt particularly cold either and even once running (i left my house with about 50 degrees on the temp guage) if i cracked the throttle a tad it kinda missed a beat, almost as if revs actually dropped prior to rising and she seemed to choke. My tech knowledge is based on utter guess work and admittedly i can ride the damned things but its hit and miss if i resolve an issue through semi-self-educated-spannering-and-previous-bad-luck-based-knowledge!
Is this reluctance to to get going normal on your RC's or might i be concerned?
Cheers,
Funk.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
first service vary form £0-£175, i paid £50, deal when i bought the bike. reset the ecu by running it for 15 minutes without touching the throttle, switch off the bike, then all should be well the next time you start it

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I bought both of mine and have them serviced at Trever Pope. I got the first one free but just had the second service done which is more involved. Paid around £220.
Kev knows his stuff there and allways finds a fixing Iv'e left out somewhere :redface:

·
Registered
180 Posts
hah... the 15 min reset didn't work for me. Reseting the ECU with the XC-1 worked. My thorttle still has issues so I have to change the settings on the TPS. Hopefully do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
the TPS can only be changed with a ktm diagnostic tool, which we dont have, only the dealer has the privelege of owning one of these. i believe they can turn up the idle speed to eleviate some of the stalling issues at low revs, which some of the cup bikes had done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts