KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way I can get my service record from KTM

Whenever I had any work or service done at Brackens, I never had my book stamped and was told everything was online.

How can I now get this information?

Cheers
bm

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
If (and it's a big IF) they logged it with KTM any dealer should be able to provide you with the service history. When I was looking to buy an SE I called up a dealer with the reg number and they could see there was nothing outstanding etc.

I don't know what level of info they hold mind, but doubt they'd know that pads had been changed or what ever. If you kept the receipts that should be good enough for most buyers.

cheers

MArkie

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem is I did keep the receipts but the wife had a bit os a clear out and can't remember if she threw them away or not :dozey:

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Provided the info was logged online by Bracken any dealer will be able to let you know the dates/mileage of services. Unless extra comments were added (unlikely) they will not know whether, for example, a new chain was fitted or new brake pads I am afraid.

It is possible that the people dealing with the winding up of Brackens may be able to help (but I suspect that is unlikely as all they will want to do is get as much cash in the door as possible rather than actually helping customers !). I understand one of the mechanics has taken on the workshop side at Brackens - have you tried them to see if they can help at all ?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
A tip for our readers.

Make sure that your KTM dealer records each service in your Service Book (hard copy) as well as on the KTM computer. A half decent service receptionist will log the reference number in your Service Book that also corresponds with the computer system. Then if your dealer does a runner, goes bust or is kidnapped by aliens .............. you still have a record of service and warranty work.

Then any KTM dealer can see that the sevice regime has been followed and also any recall work and warranty issues.

The bad news is that next time you visit an official dealer for a service - he will know if you have been faithfull to him for all your requirements ........... a regular and valued customer ........... or have been prostituting yourself to another dealer for a few quid less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts