KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right ontop of all the other bloody things wrong with my bike and all the bits i have to fix and replace the Forks have some how managed to blow there seals.

There is oil dripping out of the bottom where the compression screw is it only seems to be the right hand fork but only recently noticed it and the wheel has oil all over it so i have no way of knowing how long its been going on.

So had a chat with my local KTM wallet emptiers today and they qouted me 80quid to do the job.

But as with alot of my bikes i have i have changed oil and seals before by myself so im asking is the servicing easy enough to do with basic tools or do you definitely need seal drivers or can you bodge it with plastic piping.

I regularly change oil and seals on my marzocchi 35mm pitbike forks so are they similar or a nightmare.

have read the adv rider guide but it not that clear on how easy the job is.

Thanks Ross....

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I will tell you to watch that you don't overtighten the clamps on re-assembly - a very common error by DIY types..............

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I think PecGaz does a seal removal tool kit with very good instructions - used to be on ebay -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts