KTM Owners Forum banner

servicing?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jody 
#1 ·
my 2004 625smc is due its 3000 mile service.My local dealer says that the valve clearances aren't due but the manual says yes depending on use.Does anyone know the correct maintenance schedule as it seems to vary between ktm dealers.

#2 ·
my 2004 625smc is due its 3000 mile service.My local dealer says that the valve clearances aren't due but the manual says yes depending on use.Does anyone know the correct maintenance schedule as it seems to vary between ktm dealers.

#3 ·
IMO you can never check the clearences too often. If the manual says do it then get it done. If your dealer doesn't want the work take it somewhere else. Ask whoever does it how far out they were, this will give you an indication as to how right your dealer was.

#4 ·
IMO you can never check the clearences too often. If the manual says do it then get it done. If your dealer doesn't want the work take it somewhere else. Ask whoever does it how far out they were, this will give you an indication as to how right your dealer was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.