KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has probs been discussed before but what size sprockets do you guys use, i have 13-51 and think the gears are too short so ordered a 15 up front.

What jetting for a ktm 250sx 2002 model at sea level and what powervalve springs work well with what jetting :D i prefer a torquey bottom and high revving top end :D
cheers

·
Registered
147 Posts
My 250 Exc came with 13/48 - not ridden it yet to know what it's like. It also came with a spare 50 tooth.
So also interested in what's recommended - Also what gearing if I get 17" road wheels?

·
Registered
78 Posts
i run 14 front 50 back wene im green laning n 13 front 50 back wene im doin a hair an hound or a moto x an 15 front an 50 rear wene im just road riding 14 front is a good comprimise if you ask me

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just looked at parts catalogue which gives equal precedence to 13, 14 or 15 front.
For the rear it's one of 48, 50 or 52. Or 38, 40,42, or 45 are listed 'as required'.

I was thinking changing the rear sprocket would be good to change from off road to road wheels (having different sprockets fitted to different wheels) - but then realised the chain won't be able to take that amount of change D'oh! so I guess different front sprockets would be good & not too hard to change???

·
Registered
78 Posts
you could buy 2 chains. i only have one set off wheels so all i do is change the front sprocket dependin where im riding only takes 15 mins what combo you thinking of goin with??

·
Registered
147 Posts
you could buy 2 chains. i only have one set off wheels so all i do is change the front sprocket dependin where im riding only takes 15 mins what combo you thinking of goin with??
2 chains sounds like a faff. Although I'm coming from road bikes with endless chains that you take off with an angle grinder!! I noticed my EXC has a split link, is that common on off road bikes?

So do you change tyres when you ride on the road? If not, does the road not chew up your off road tyres and give a shit ride on the road?

·
Registered
78 Posts
yeah split links are common thow people do use rivert links i think. But i never have i just use split links.
I dont ride on road much unless im goin to collage for two weeks then i have a nakered back tyre i put on but road riding does fuck up tyres special if you start acelerating hard an moto x tyres are shit on the road the nobbles bend an make it feel like your drifting into corners thats what i find anyway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts