KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After discovering the JCE is crazy loud I fitted one of these. I didnt want to see the supplied baffle at the outlet, lets be honest its a bit gay having a sportsbike with a baffle in. Only old people do it.:rolleyes:

So I removed the end cap off the JCE, 5 minute job. I ordered the 50mm baffle below off Ebay UK for $10 and cut off the tube leaving about an inch. I then bent out the two tabs that were left so there was a 15mm cap between them plus the cap around them.
Slid it in the perforated pipe and got the neighbour to spot weld it in. Pop rivetted the end cap back on. Done.

It sounds so much better! At 100kph on netural throttle it was still bloody loud before, now its quiet until you open it up. Great for cruising. People have said it sounds nicer than before too, not just quieter. I agree.

I did the 15 minute reset and it runs better again. A bit of back pressure is much better I think, unless you get a tune. All my bikes ran better with it. Unless you are wide open, like on a race track, which is what these pipes are designed for.
But rolling on and off in traffic they run better with back pressure in my opinion. Very slight backfire once and no pops at all.
Very happy with the result. 6kg weight saving, better note and better looks over stock. And no tune needed. :burnout:

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I do ride the road also buddy. But no noise limits wrt to bikes here on the road. Only track.
Have to wait till the salt has washed away. Still below 0 degrees at night. Coldest month since they started measuring. So not been out on the road yet. My bikes and salt don't mix.

·
Registered
21,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The noise limits weren't the issue on the road, my ears were. I also felt like a knob riding a bike that loud. I will leave that to the Hog Riders. The wankers they are.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
My bike is at the garage just now, I'll probably go pick it up when I'm back from offshore. Apparently they had to modify the baffle to get it passed an MOT.... not sure what they have done to it but curious to find out....

·
Registered
21,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No photos sorry. I planned to,but got carried away.
I used the 50mm baffle. The long tube gets cut off anyway. Depending how quiet you want it. Search "50mm motorcycle baffle" and it will come up on EBay UK. The 50mm is the important bit. Very simple job.

Of course none of this is necessary if you like the loud version or buy the quiet version.

·
Registered
21,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would be interesting to find out how many dBs it is now Balls. :rotflmao:

I will see if I can get it measured. I've decided to get a proper tune now, its killing me not knowing if its running at its best. Ive read all the threads about tunes and Im still confused. Tune ecu and its multi tunes etc.

I just got a price for a PC5 fitted, before and after dyno, and custom map for $995.(649 pound) What do you reckon?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.