KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a 2011 250 exc and find that I have to lift my foot completely off the peg to change gear...badly need a shorter gear shifter to fit to my bike...anyone no of short shifter or if any other ktm has shorter ones that fit..any help appreciated thanks

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Yes you can get them.
I bought a longer one. It was a billet one and cost a small fortune. Proper bit of kit though.
slavens sell them I believe, can’t think of the manufacturer though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate.. I'll have a look but reckon I need it alot shorter than 5mm. Was hoping a 125 or 85 would be shorter and fit but ?‍♂

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm a size 7, and I can't say if had problems. Have a try of riding with your heels on the peg rather than the arch of you foot. I was finidng it tricky reaching the rear brake when wheeling, but I'm consciously trying to keep my feet forward more and it does seem to help.

The alternative is buy a pair of size 10 boots and packing loads of paper up in the toe!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
You sure it is not just because you have new boots? some are very stiff from new.

I have size 16 boots only problem I have is locking the front wheel up with my toes:giggle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts