Discussion Starter #1
Not sure we have had a 950/990 pic thread
If so apologies for starting a new one
But there seems to be a few about still and why not post a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
can not work out how to post a picture on this crap new forum so this will have to do
Fairing removed rear end removed and yamaha mudguard grafted on so I can get in under the back end and lift the rear wheel out of deep ruts.
Not pretty but thats not what it's about for me.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Another one of the 950's previous incarnations

·
Registered
115 Posts

2007 with 10,000 on it
This thread is making me dig through online storage and finding photos I never knew I had
Thanks for that :)(y)

·
Registered
115 Posts

Bollocks...... Me too digging out images I never knew I had
Same 06 950 with about 30,000 miles yet again different livery.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Here's my 950, 20k miles from new.
It'seen off road for a couple of years but planning on getting it back on the road this year.
Photo taken at the airship hanger at the RAE Farnborough.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Tidy that...

French that 04 looks cool without all the rear end gubbins.

Crispy must have had his mortgage paid from us lot...
Tidy that...

French that 04 looks cool without all the rear end gubbins.

Crispy must have had his mortgage paid from us lot...
Yes no clutter have the pannier racks but never fitted crash bars are in the shed ..have a rack and a tank bag a mate gave me from his 1050 which fits lovely..tbf it leads an easy life road and occasional bit of summer gravel ...don't have Lee's ability and picking up skills!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes no clutter have the pannier racks but never fitted crash bars are in the shed ..have a rack and a tank bag a mate gave me from his 1050 which fits lovely..tbf it leads an easy life road and occasional bit of summer gravel ...don't have Lee's ability and picking up skills!
I really like what Lee is doing and yes way fitter than me too these days.
I remember back when I had my AT the Germans were building At lite models by grafting various configuration MX tanks to them and removing everything.. They looked really cool.
I toyed with the idea of similar with the adventure using a long range acerbis 530 exc tank I was running at the time but never got around to doing much of anything about it (it did sit on top alright) since I needed the range to get out of this wonderful utopia called Scotland where off road riding is firmly forbidden and frowned upon by the sheep. Lived in Spain for a few years oh boy the European citizens seem way more forward thinking with regards to motorcycle use.

(Respect)
Lee
Reading in once you get the photos thing squared away can you please post a pic of your Mods

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Thanks Scottmctag but I am far from fit, Bike is a 2003 950 Adv S.

As you can see from the photo from 4 years ago I did away with the fairing and fitted an enduro headlight so I can see where I am going in the very tight stuff, 690 front wheel single front disc and cagiva elefant master cylinder. Stronger sump guard, exc front mudguard and cut off the rear end plastic and fitted a yamaha wrf rear mudguard, also narrow rear rim for proper off road tyres.
Since then it now has different headlight mask and front mudguard, only one silencer and a later swinging arm because the 03 one was was cracking up.

I did look at doing away with the front fuel tanks and putting the fuel in a rade underseat tank plus other tanks at the rear to make it easy to get further forward in corners and help be able to pick the front wheel up at very short notice like when you see a ditch at the last moment but never got round to it.

I just rearlly enjoy riding the bigger bikes, I have 3 of these a cagiva elefant and an africa twin I have done a few desert rallys on
IMG_1123.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG

1 - 20 of 46 Posts