KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks Scottmctag but I am far from fit, Bike is a 2003 950 Adv S.

As you can see from the photo from 4 years ago I did away with the fairing and fitted an enduro headlight so I can see where I am going in the very tight stuff, 690 front wheel single front disc and cagiva elefant master cylinder. Stronger sump guard, exc front mudguard and cut off the rear end plastic and fitted a yamaha wrf rear mudguard, also narrow rear rim for proper off road tyres.
Since then it now has different headlight mask and front mudguard, only one silencer and a later swinging arm because the 03 one was was cracking up.

I did look at doing away with the front fuel tanks and putting the fuel in a rade underseat tank plus other tanks at the rear to make it easy to get further forward in corners and help be able to pick the front wheel up at very short notice like when you see a ditch at the last moment but never got round to it.

I just rearlly enjoy riding the bigger bikes, I have 3 of these a cagiva elefant and an africa twin I have done a few desert rallys on View attachment 32410 View attachment 32411
Lee
I like your style and admire your rallye endeavours...
Crash helmet off to you... Not an easy feat chucking either of those around off-road plus getting air and landings are heavy going....
(Respect)
Thanks Scottmctag but I am far from fit, Bike is a 2003 950 Adv S.

As you can see from the photo from 4 years ago I did away with the fairing and fitted an enduro headlight so I can see where I am going in the very tight stuff, 690 front wheel single front disc and cagiva elefant master cylinder. Stronger sump guard, exc front mudguard and cut off the rear end plastic and fitted a yamaha wrf rear mudguard, also narrow rear rim for proper off road tyres.
Since then it now has different headlight mask and front mudguard, only one silencer and a later swinging arm because the 03 one was was cracking up.

I did look at doing away with the front fuel tanks and putting the fuel in a rade underseat tank plus other tanks at the rear to make it easy to get further forward in corners and help be able to pick the front wheel up at very short notice like when you see a ditch at the last moment but never got round to it.

I just rearlly enjoy riding the bigger bikes, I have 3 of these a cagiva elefant and an africa twin I have done a few desert rallys on View attachment 32410 View attachment 32411
Lee
I like your style and admire your rallye endeavours...
Crash helmet off to you... Not an easy feat chucking either of those around off-road plus getting air and landings are heavy going....
(Respect)

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Absolutely brilliant mate thankyou

Reactions: KxRuss

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Old one

New one