KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I wanted to pick your brains regarding the KTM Six Days. I have posted a thread on here before regarding the Six Days and big bore kits and am now ready to buy but wanted to ask a few questions before I commit.

Is there a big difference between the big bore conversion and the standard 250 in power?

On research I cant see a major difference between the 09 and 10. Is there a big difference between these 2 bikes...(Apart from the price.) in power and handling?

The general price for an 09 is £4000-£4500. But shoots up ward to £6000-£7000 for the 10. Is the extra 2k worth it?

There are a few really nice 09s and one 10 on e bay. Do they belong to any one on here? If so please let me know.
I have my 250 EXC/SXF on e bay if any one is interested...
Item number 330465648811

Looking forward to North Farm, Tunbridge Wells on September the 19th with the new Six Days..hopefully.

All replies welcome...

Nick:)

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
10 was an improvement over 09, unless you get a Champions edition which was actually an 09 in new clothes.

·
Registered
751 Posts
my mate has his 2010 6 days on ebay, only done 6hrs i think, all white plastics, new talon wheels, fmf silencer. cost him shit loads!!! not sure what he'll take for it tho.

·
Registered
322 Posts
great question, as i have been asking myself that same question for the last fornight, getting myself a 250 excf this week and was debatting if a big bore kit is required at £400 is not cheap but would it be worth it as i ve got a 450 now and would miss the power? or would I? rode my mate 2007 250f today and seemed to have plenty for something that is 200cc smaller , think i`m going to be bolting on a ackropovic exhaust onto my 2011 sixdays and go from there.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
id say 2010 and invest on a full AKRO Ti system i have a 09 sixday with full AKRO Ti ,before i used a DEP the AKRO is just amazing you just get smooth power and so crip.

then id say get the bike set up as control is better than extra POWER.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
id say 2010 and invest on a full AKRO Ti system i have a 09 sixday with full AKRO Ti ,before i used a DEP the AKRO is just amazing you just get smooth power and so crip.

then id say get the bike set up as control is better than extra POWER.
The one im looking at is an 09 with a Akrapovic can...

Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts