41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Do these look ok? Slight bit of a gap where arrow points between the two bits of plastic...but no gaps where carbon reefs sit..

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Look good for me, but what counts is if you can see light coming through the reeds. I know its hard to photograph. However, even small gaps would not cause your issues...

Reactions: Lparnell

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
They look ok.

My '17 reeds had massive gaps everywhere....so bought some Vforce reeds, made no difference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thats a shit needle
Get yourself an n8rh or g
Or an n2zl or j or k
Much better needle
The nz needle are for wide open stuff very rich down difficult to tume
Get one of the needles ive suggested on clip 2 and youll feel much happier
What ratio would u suggest on the oil 40:1 or 50:1 or 60:1 thanks

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
On my 250xc 2011 I was advised to use. N8rh needle clip 3, 38 pilot , 165 main. I had the needle in the spares box that came with the bike so tried that. The slow speed sputtering disappeared straight away (with the stock 35 pilot fitted). I bought a 38 but it made it splitter again. Put the 35 back in and all good. I did turn the air screw out a touch.
Used to run 50:1 oil mix but manual says 60:1 and seeing as I had a crank bearing go I'll use the 60:1 in future as the oil is what condenses/sticks on cases and runs down into hole to lubricate the bearing so I'm not sure everyone's advice to run other mix is good idea.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Oh I fitted a power parts sxs pipe and that brought back a slight splutter but bad enough to worry about

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
60:1 has less oil than 50:1? Surely if you’ve had bearings burn out that’s due to lack of oil not to much RBJ?

I run my screamer on 40:1 as it’s obviously spinning over a lot faster than the big chuffer 2ts.

Still curious on ratios as you hear all sorts. Manufacturer must surely know what it needs? 60:1 is listed in my manual but I’m also very aware KTM want more cash from me for parts!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Could be right. Not used it in two years lol! Rebuilt it and been sitting idle since.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Stick with 60-1
The H is a clean needle start on clip 2
Once its warm set the idle then very slowly adjust the air screw for the highest idle point Ie you hear the motor idle higher
And thats it dead simple

41 - 50 of 50 Posts