KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went through a big puddle yesterday in the van and its given up the ghost.
Had a look over but can't see anything.
Its worth nothing and the cost of a repair at a dealer would not be worth it.
Basically I thinking of replacement - whats the smallest van out there that takes a KTM200 without the bike being dismantled?
Looking for something I will use daily.
Cheers

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
would go in a sooty van, but don't think you would want to drive one of those!! citroen dispatch is an easy choice but popular so might need to look hard and spend more than you wanted.... personally I would steer clear of Fiat's now, my sister had one and seemed like an endless stream of minor problems... Something like a Transit connect would be ok, but need to get lwb/hi-roof and can be expensive... possibly consider a toyota hi-ace if it comes up at the right price. if you are on a tight budget I would also consider Hyundai vans as they seem to sell for bugger all.

All else fails, cheap diesel car and a box trailer.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Mr tattoo uses a Ford connect LWB high top and he gets a mx bike in that. I nearly got one. I ended up buying a vauxuall vivaro as i can get 3 mx bikes in the back and a weeks for of kit.:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
I considered a box trailer as a replacement for a van but found the cost of a good secure one to be near £2k.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had a Peugeot Expert... fantastic daily driver, had it for over a year with nil probs and paid 1200 for it untill a woman wrote it off!!! Could even fit my Transalp in it !!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I've had a Peugeot expert for the last 18 months, pretty good all round, pretty good on fuel too, slept in it a few times, gets 2 sm bikes with ease, you can pick up decent ones fairly cheaply

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
I've got a Transit Connect LWB/High Roof van which I use to transport my trials and enduro bikes and it does a superb job.
Economical and great to drive around town, I can even get my KTM 690R Enduro in the back, if I compress the forks with a tie down strap.
It might even be for sale......
PM me if you want any more details......

:D:D:D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well its looking like a replacement isn't as desperate as first thought.
Had another look over the van today and the air filter was completly soaking, bottom of air box was full of water.
Removed it and van started and ran as well as.
Will be looking for its replacement in the near future though.
A transit connect lwb might tick a few boxes.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I had a VW Transporter when i had my 200 EXC down in Wales when I was working at Wylfa for a few months, perfect size, drives well but pricey to buy, mines was a hire van. Wouldnt fancy going much smaller than that tbf.

Box trailers are crazy money whilst a half decent second hand van can be had for buttons these days.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
You can easily get 3 supermoto/dirt bikes into a LWB Transit, doesn't need to be high top. Same goes for Hi-Ace.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
what was the wheelbarrow for Herman???? have to admit I was hoping for pipes up the side of your van and a 1930's hot-rod style........

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
what was the wheelbarrow for Herman???? have to admit I was hoping for pipes up the side of your van and a 1930's hot-rod style........
The wheelbarrow was for ferrying stuff to and from the pits at the d2d just gone,should of lent it to the guy next to us to collect his burnt out ktm from the track.:rolleyes: Grandpa wont let me drive the custom model T any more...heavy right foot apparently.:dozey:

·
Registered
269 Posts
def get a citroen dispatch/ peugeot expert............ i paid just £350 for mine from ebay! 1999 model, 105k miles. it went straight through the mot. ive done 4000 miles in it in the past few months but then the head gasket went. had it all repaired for just £120. it usually returns 50 mpg and i can squeeze 2 bikes in when needed. only bike i havent been able to fit in is a GTR1000............... but then, ive seen smaller buses than that bike lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts