KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read a lot of posts and it would appear that the exhaust of choice, over the Akro, is Wing. There are also mentions of LeoVince and MIVV all of which seem to have their ups and downs.

My question is this, has anyone got / looked into other exhaust brands such as Beowulf, Fuel, BoS and Blue Flame? They all seem to cater for the 990 SM (thus SMT) and, in some cases are less than £300 a pair. Interested to know if any of these have been tried and any downfalls that may have experienced.

Like the idea of the Wings but I don't have the time to wait for there arrival.......

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought a set of Quill EVO2 cans for £460 delivered (I think). Designed not to need rejetting/remapping with the baffles left in. Nice sound on my 950SM and made it start and run a lot smoother. Pretty good for the money I'd say.

Only downside was the delay in receiving them and the bulls**t responses to my enquiries!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi revid i have a pair of akro end cans for sale came off 950smt i think they fit yours if your interested £500? but you pay for quality is all i will say

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response guy's.

Jezz thanks for the offer and I do agree with the bit about quality but gut feeling is that I will have to repalce the 'Y' piece for akros.

Locksmith, did any of you fit a Fuel to an injected 990 engine? Where I am coming from is the dreaded 'lean fuel issue' at low to mid range rev's. If you did fit them to a 990, did you re-map the ECU, some say it's not required (unless you take the baffels out) and others say it is required???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Great find my friend! They look and sound just what I'm after! Very tempted to buy for my smt 990, but don't really see the differences between the T3 and the Evo 2? Can you explain what the main differences are?
Also why should I go for carbon over titanium? Is one lighter than the other? Which did you opt for and why please?
Did you notice any power gains?
And where are the photos!?!

With much thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,just fitted some leo vince pipes to my smt last night you can get them for under £500[cheaper than used akro's] and thye fit and finish is spot on,ordered them on friday on my bike tuesday,sound great with the baffles in as the bike no longer has two big corks up it's arse [cats]runs fine left as it is or the ktm shop will put you in a leo vince fuel map for £25 for your peace of mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts